Monday 2 September 2013

Worrying trends!

I have heard from many, EYPs and other Early Years sector practitioners, who are reluctant to sign the petition because they fear some kind of repercussion (in terms of employment opportunities or in terms of losing their current job because they will be seen as a trouble-maker).

Personally, I feel that, as EYPs, we have learned how important it is that everyone within the sector has a voice.- We have developed our practice to ensure that, with the support of our stakeholders, we can protect each unique child and their family units from of the problems resulting from poor practice, inappropriate or inadequate provision, special educational need, potential safeguarding issues, discrimination, incomplete or absent information-sharing, badly-managed transitions, etc.

The tax-payer has invested funds and EYPs have dedicated long hours of grueling study to achieve the recommended levels of specific skill needed for this age group. However so many of us are now investigating other sector employment to access secure and better paid jobs.

Surely it is time that we spoke up for ourselves. It would be a dis-service, to all of the tax-payers and to the children and families we support, to just walk away without a fight!

I am becoming concerned that the campaign quickly loses steam after each of my sharing and reposting binges. I must have written thousands of emails!

I have been on local radio etc. but it seems that most people are unwilling or too worried to sign.

I think I may have to start thinking how to attract the attention of the parents of young children. After all, it is their children's educare that will be suffering.

Please let me know if you have any brain waves or if you want to do something to raise the profile of the campaign in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think about this Blog and if you have any ideas to support the campaign.
Thank you.