Tuesday 24 September 2013

Succinctly Said!

Succinctly Said!
These are the views of an Early Years Professional who has signed the petition and made the following statement:




I studied for several years, achieving a 1st class degree and a uni prize for excellence in education. I have been promoted within my setting but overlooked when a head of dept job came available because of 'the teacher thing' - I am now helping a teacher to understand how the EYFS works as she takes on this role. The promised requirement of a graduate in every setting appears to have gone and managers jobs are advertised for Level 3's with salaries to match. I am now planning to leave Early Years so that I can get a salary that will pay the bills and improve my family's quality of life - not an easy decision but I have resigned myself to the fact that my skills and experience are worthless. The most shocking thing about all this is that all of my learning, my skills and my understanding were funded by the LEA/tax payer. What a scandalous waste. Why have you not invested just a little more to ensure that the money put into EY training was not a total waste. Ms Nutbrown suggested a simple conversion that would enable EYP's to gain QTS and so open up the job market and use their skills in the state sector, without risking their income and employment. It was a common sense solution and would have benefited children across all EY sectors. I am proud of the difference that my training has made to the children who have been in my care. I am ashamed that I have been a part of the shameful waste of skills, training and tax payers' money and now have no option but to leave the sector. The government should be ashamed too.
__________________________________________

This statement precisely depicts all of the discrimination that EYPs are experiencing and clearly demonstrates the reasons why the current working conditions must be addressed.

This will help the campaign to gain more credence and hopefully help us to succeed in removing the discrimination of EYPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think about this Blog and if you have any ideas to support the campaign.
Thank you.